Monday, February 18, 2013

No Sew Tutu

When I saw this easy tutorial for a no sew tutu at Treasures for Tots on Pinterest, I knew I had to make one for my niece.

And when I saw tulle on sale at Hobby Lobby, I knew that was a sign. I went with dark purple, white and a shiny pinky purple. I was so excited to get started that I didn't take a single picture along the way. Doh!

I found some measurements online that a 4T was 21 inches. So, I made the tutu part 21 inches with 12-15 inches of extra length of ribbon on each end. The ribbon was the white ribbon left over from hanging my air plant. I strung 6 dark purple, 3 white, 1 pinky purple, repeat. The purple and white were very soft. The pinky purple was rougher and stiffer and scratchier so I didn't want to use a lot of it. It's hard to tell in the picture below, but it adds just enough sparkle to glam up the tutu just a little.

I delivered it to her at my sister's homecoming. The end result? She loved it! She also wouldn't stand still long enough for me to get a good picture of it. So, this is what you get.


And for the record, I stocked up on a bunch more tulle. I'm going to make more for my friends' girls because I enjoyed making it so much. Maybe I'll document it better next time. Also, next time I'm going to attempt to use elastic so it can last longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment