Monday, February 4, 2013

Candy Dish

You know what's awesome? Being without cable and internet for several days. No, just kidding. It's not awesome. Anyway, I think we have that mess settled so I should be posting more normally.

I've been holding onto this one because it's one of my faves. This was something I saw on the interwebs, but I can't really remember where. It's so cheap and so cute.

Whatcha need: A terracotta pot (top and bottom), a fishbowl, a wooden knob, spray paint, glue. I suggest getting all your supplies at the same time (you can get them all at Michael's, for sure) to make sure your pot and fishbowl are compatible sizes. They have lots of sizes so you could make a teeny tiny candy dish, or a ginormous candy dish.

This is yet another The Possibilities Are Endless craft.

Whatcha do: First, glue the knob to the bottom of the saucer part of the pot. Let that dry per glue instructions. Spray paint both parts of the pot. I went with white. Again, the possibilities are endless. Once the pot color is to your liking and its' all dry, glue the fishbowl to the bottom of the pot.

This can be changed up in so many ways. Big or small, endless color and pattern possibilities. Even the type of candy can completely change the personality of it. I made this one for a friend at work. I didn't think it was a good idea to have a candy dish around the house-- especially such a breakable one. BUT, I think I'm going to need to make myself one. I'm thinking a super bright and glossy blue.




Did I mention that the possibilities are endless? And best of all, this is a less than $10 craft! 

No comments:

Post a Comment