Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Air Plant Artwork

I was looking for something a little different for a collage in our kitchen. I got this white open frame at Hobby Lobby and decided it would be perfect. I Christmas-ed it up by hanging a shiny silver ornament just like this during the holiday season. When it was time to remove the ornament, I knew I wanted something similar. I found this air plant and hanging terrarium on Etsy. A little white ribbon to tie it all up and I was set.


The air plant is awesome because all you need to do is give it a little spray with water a few times a week. It needs bright light, but not direct sunlight. There's a window just to the left of this frame, but the sun never shines directly in. I think this might be a plant that I can keep alive. 


Here's a little wider view. The stand mixer, toaster and various other things live on the counter below this collage. There are also two blue pendant lights over the bar area that juts out from the wall under this collage. I adore that bacon print, but I think the colors are a little out of place there. I'm going to figure a way frame it up with magnets on the back so it can be pretty fridge art. Or maybe I'll just use some washi tape and tape it to the fridge. 



And now that I look at this shot, I know exactly what is going to take the place of the bacon print. A big S... maybe Mod Podged with some pretty scrapbook paper. Stay tuned to see how it turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment