Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Easter Egg Dyed Clothes Pins

Have you noticed how everyone is doing things with clothes pins? It's like the clothes pin has made a comeback. People are Mod Podging them, Washi taping them, sticking magnets to them for the fridge, hanging bunting by them, and the list goes on and on. Honestly, I'm pretty psyched about it. I love things that clip. I have big plans to Washi tape some clothes pins and then put magnets on the back of them to use for clipping things to the fridge.

For now, though, I ran across this fun way to dye them with Easter egg dye (I think I've also seen Rit dye versions.) After Mr. S, E and I dyed Easter eggs, I plopped two clothes pins in each cup of dye. I don't have a purpose for the clothes pins yet, so I kept the quantity low.


I left them sit for a long time. I wasn't paying much attention, but probably a whole naptime-- 2 hours. Surprisingly, they turned out great. The colors are super vibrant, unlike the eggs that were dyed in that same dye. And now, I have a cupful of colorful clothes pins! I'm glad that I bought one extra box of egg dye just in case it worked out and I wanted to do more later.






No comments:

Post a Comment