Wednesday, April 24, 2013

A Latch Board for E

When I saw this latch board on Young House Love, I knew I had to make one for E. I forgot about it for a while, but when I found myself browsing through Home Depot, I remembered the plan.

I bought my supplies from memory, but I realize now that I made mine quite a bit bigger. My gadgets are more spread out. I got a 2ftx2ft square of plywood for about $6. Each latch/gadget was a couple bucks each. Along with latches, I have a zipper since E has recently gotten the hang of unzipping his jacket. I also have two tap lights, three casters and one of those boing-y door stopper things.

I don't have the luxury of a playroom so I had to make it pretty enough to keep in the living room. I prettified it with some teal spray paint, then I added stickers, scrapbook paper bunting, some washi tape and Mod Podged the whole thing.


He likes it a lot-- especially the door stopper and the lights. It took him about 2 minutes to figure out that the tap lights would come off if he twists them (that's how you change the batteries.) I think he's over the novelty of removing the lights though, so we might be in the clear on that one. It's pretty likely that he's going to rip the zipper off because it's attached with hot glue. You can even see it gaping in the picture below. I'll probably need to fix it up a bit-- the lights and the zipper, but for now it's proving to be quite fun.






No comments:

Post a Comment