Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Fabric and Felt Flower Bouquet

It's almost Mother's Day. I admit, I'm excited. Mr. S is amazingly good at gift giving. It's never about price, he's just so dang thoughtful. That's why I chose him to be my baby daddy...15 years ago. 

Last year, he got up with E and then my two guys brought me breakfast in bed, followed by flowers, followed by gifts. It was really over the top and totally unnecessary, but I really appreciated the effort, especially for my first Mother's Day. 

My mom has always insisted on no gifts for any holiday from us kids. I disobeyed her for a long time but several years ago, I threatened her with homemade gifts. She called my bluff so I made her a scrapbook of my brother's and sister's USAF Basic Training photos. She loved it. 

So, now I'm on the homemade gift train and I can't get off. Each year, I'm scrambling for ideas of new things to make (psst... sometimes I cheat and buy her something awesome on Etsy, but I fess up that I didn't make it.)

For Mother's Day this year, I got my inspiration from these fabric flowers at Bower Power and these felt flowers at Paper & Stitch.

I found the vase at Target for $12 and used some purple and yellow fabric and white and yellow felt that I already had. Using their tutorials, I lost 7 fingerprints from hot glue burns but ended up with a fabulous bouquet of flowers to send to my mom. I made it several weeks ago and have had it sitting around our kitchen since. I was pretty sad to box it up and ship it off yesterday. I think I need to make another one for myself. 




Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there! I hope you all have a fantastic day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment